Sunday, November 08, 2009

They Arrived...

Well, in all honesty, they arrived last week:) My sweet little minors head parts for my Antique walking wheel. I did not take before pictures, but I really should have because the pictures I posted in a previous post really just do not do justice to how dirty these little wooden spindles were.

Here they are after a good hard cleaning. Several of the arms to which hold the minors head were full of mud dobber nests. All of the parts sucked up the wood oil like they were little oil vampires! Thirsty old wood in deed:)

Now, I'm off to whittle away a few little spokes to hold the minors head to the arms. And a few arms need proper repair. Until then, I can't wait to get them on my wheel!

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)