Monday, November 09, 2009

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

In EXACT order above...
'The Good' 'The Bad' 'The Ugly

And yes these are terrible pictures of a terrible deed. Master minded by 'The Bad' Little Kitty, Ace who is not quite so little any more. Nor was he quite so cute at the moment either!

See, it happened Friday while I was vacuuming the carpet in the dining room. Unbeknown to me, 'The Bad' Little Kitty who is not quite so little any more, Ace was hiding behind the striped curtain which is behind the three tiered stand you see in 'The Good' picture. I don't know how he managed to knock over the stand which resulted in 'The Ugly' but the rotten little stinker who has grown rather fat managed quite well in his hasty retreat from the room. This unfortunately resulted in breaking my 3 tiered stand.


The stand was broken in two 'Ugly' places. The picture above shows the place where the spot weld on the metal did not hold due not only to being knocked over, but also from being knocked over on to the kitchen table and then hitting the floor. I'm hoping in the future to have this little spot re-welded.


At the time, I was not aware that this join had never actually been connected to the stand! And there was good reason for this. Because who ever had initially welded the plate to the stand was not the best welder on the planet. This left a rather large bead where the plate met the post. To top it off, the plate was not attached at the proper position on the post. So in came my trusty little dremel tool and the cutter head and grinder head. I cut off the back of the plated with the cutter and then used the grinder to smooth it out to properly fit into place. The grinder head also came in very handy to get rid of the bead from the bad welding job.


Here is 'The Ugly' completely fixed into 'The Good'. Sorry for the dust. I had no idea the dremel left that much of a mess.

And of course who can stay completely mad at 'The Bad' little kitty when his fat furry little butt sleeps in the funniest of positions!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Yes, I will forgive my feline favorite anything, too! Glad you were handy enough to fix it! (My dremmel was one of my best gifts!)

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)