Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Over the rainbow!

Ah, the joys of old wheels!


Just recently purchased. A lot of used walking wheel minors head parts and ..........

One complete Minors head.

The plan with the Minors head lot is to devise a way to attach a minors head to my current wheel. It looks like I might have enough parts here to make several complete Minors heads and surely one of them will work out.





Found this little charka wheel on one of my many searches on Ebay. It is in need of some tweeking that I have yet to get around to. I would consider this little wheel more of a vintage wheel than an antique.

This was taken Spring of 2009 as I was driving along I-75 in Kentucky. Not a great photo, but not bad considering it was a camera phone:) Just wanted to share a little Rainbow Joy with you today!

2 comments:

c.pardon said...

The charka wheel reminds me of a ferris wheel in a really fun way.

-clarissa

LunabudKnits said...

Me too! It's a pretty fun little wheel to look at, but needs some work. The wheel is bent, so I'm waiting to be in just the right mood to straighten it out again. then I'll be ready to give it a twirl:) Until then, it looks pretty darn good just sitting there in my living room...lol

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)