Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Toes Have It!




Finally, I am finished with the toe and the first sock of the pair! I love socks, but they do take me a long long time! But oh the joy of wearing your own socks!!! This has led us to the toe portion of the Pattern! And it is Really simple!










Fin of Pattern

After knitting the desired length (mine is 5").....

Round 1: *Knit 4, Knit 2 together* Repeat to end of round.

Rounds 2-5: Knit all

Round 6: *Knit 3, Knit 2 together* Repeat to end of round.

Rounds 7-9: Knit all

Round 10: *Knit 2, Knit 2 together* Repeat to end of round.

Rounds 11 & 12: Knit all.

Round 13: *Knit 1, Knit 2 together* Repeat to end of round.

Round 14: Knit all

Round 15: *Knit 2 together* Repeat to end of round.

You should now have 10 stitches. Cut your yarn leaving a 9 inch or so tail (I like a long tail as it gives me play room:). Use a darning needle to pull the yarn end through the 10 remaining stitiches and weave in the end! I'm bad here, I tie the yarn with a small knot to one of the adjoining stitches before I weave in my end. After that, weave in the cast on end and then you are ready to knit your second sock! Enjoy!






Here I am trying on my new sock!

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)