Wednesday, November 08, 2006

New Socks!


I started this sock yesterday. If anyone wants to knit along with me here is how it started.

What you need:
1 skein 420yds Trekking, size us0 dp needles.

Guage
1" across 9 stitches. 1" down 12 stitches.

Pattern
Double tail Cast On 60 stitches. Join in the round making sure not to twist cast on stitches. Begin with a K3,P3 patter for 10 rounds or desired length of ribbing. Start knitting all rounds..........(to be continued)......

Why knit all rounds? Well I picked a pretty varigated yarn:) And I think (personal preference) that varigated yarn is pretty enough by itself. Why distract from a pretty yarn with a fun design:) Fun designs in my opinion are best displayed with solid yarns.

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)