Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cooking with Mussels


Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Last night we had mussels & corn on the cob for dinner. This is the best I have ever cooked mussels. I took about a lb of precooked frozen mussels (do not thaw) bought at kroger ($5-6), put a bit of water in a sauce pan with fresh sprigs of rosemary, 2-3 tablespoons of garlic & juice of 1 lemon sliced in 1/2. I put all this together including the used lemon halves in a large saute pan with lid over high heat on the stove top burner. About 1/2 way through I flipped everything around to make sure each mussel got covered with the water on the bottom and to ensure that each got thoroughly cooked. It should only take 5-10 minutes to cook. If the mussels do not open do not eat them! With the corn I simply boil them to desired tenderness with a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Zesty Blend or the Kroger equivalent. Strain the water out of the cooked mussels and dump on a serving dish. Put the ears of corn around the shellfish. Last but not least take one of the cooked lemon halves and squeeze it over the mussels. Talk about delicious! I really wish I had taken a picture of this last night before it was devoured. It was pretty and yummie to boot. Will definitely take a picture of it next time I serve it. Instead, this morning, I took a pic of the spices I used. Yes, that is fresh from the plant rosemary:)



Update on the sock.............
The darn little thing is taking quite a while I am still knitting in the round (OK, I'm a slooooow knitter:). I intend to do this for 5 inches.

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)