Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Yarn - Helen - Merino Lace Weight


I always like opening a bag of new little tricks. This new yarn is 900 yards of deliciously squishy merino goodness per skein. Available in my shop: http://Lunabudknits.etsy.com

With 4500 yards per pound Helen is a true lace yarn, making it suitable for super light lace shawls, lace projects and extra fine knits. You might be wondering about the name, Helen. To make a long story short, which is by the way very hard for me to do:).... many moons ago, in my younger and wilder years while visiting the local pub, my friend and I happened to be sitting by a lovely angelic Irish gal. She appeared to be alone, so we struck up a conversation. I have met many fine people that way. Anyhow, after several rounds of drink we were fast friends after that night and managed to stir up a bit of trouble every where we went. We are both married ladies now and don't stir up quite as much trouble as we use to, but we do remain fast friends to this day. The yarn very much so reminds me of my friend because it is not just thin, but lovely and refined as well.

Warm Teal

Mossy Oak

Pumpkin

Carnelian

Amethyst

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

I will be placing an order soon....love the lace yarn!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)