Monday, July 26, 2010

In the mail today....

When I finally got around to opening the front door today. And, yes, I did say finally. See that is one of the little perks of working from home. I hang in my PJ's until I feel darn good and ready to do something outside of the house in what has lately been blistering heat. Can you really blame me?

Anyhow, I opened the door to a lovely box full of the prettiest clouds of pulled fleece imaginable from Farmgirl Chic. I found her through the PhatFiber box on Etsy. The box contains a whole bunch of samples and Farmgirl just happened to have contributed to this months box.

I was so impressed with how neatly packaged the clouds from Farmgirl were that I felt the need to give her a shout out. Included in my box were not only the lovely 4 ounces of cloud, but a lovely stitch marker in one of my favorite colors pink and samples of other hand dyed fleece. Of course you can see for yourself how wonderful it was.


The box opened.

Lovely hand dyed lemons and oranges.

The Coup de GrĂ¢ce

I know by now you all must be thinking.... 'She sells fuzz, why is she buying it from someone else?' My answer to this is simply that yes, I do sell fuzz, but the world would be so bland and boring if all I spun was my own fuzz. That and I'm an impulse buyer....lol

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Don't be silly, we all buy things we can do ourselves! It is good to see what else is out there and get ideas and inspiration; and buy sometimes just because it is so PRETTY!

Melissa Verill said...

Oh I'm blushing...came at a perfect time in my life for a "you go girl"...LOL Thanks a bunch!
That's why I love the Phat boxes...I love spinning what someone else has done!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)