Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Garden Updates 7-14-10



I'm always happy when I find unexpected visitors in my garden. Today a lumpy bumpy fellow jumped out while I was pulling out the two banes of my existence, prickers and dandilions. Bufo Americanus or the 'American Toad'. I just LOVE these little guys as they eat all sorts of unwanted bugs that eat my plants or suck my blood!

In the center is both types of weeds. Left with darker leaves is dandylions and right with lighter leaves is pricker bush.

I've been trying to get this pricker out of the ground for a few days now. Luckily it rained yesterday and it pulled out nice and clean!

Pretty in Pink Geraniums;)

One lone Marigold flower next to the sedum.

Yesterday I played in the color pots and should have shop updates in a few days.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I love to put in garden hours.....very pretty!

Linda said...

Great pictures...I haven't seen a toad in eons. Thanks for stopping in and commenting too.

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)