Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr Bill



OK, so it is not quite Bill's birthday yet.... I thought it would be a great idea to surprise Bill this year with something he would never in a million years guess he was getting. See, Bill has a rather large collection of RC airplanes that he loves to fly and I thought why not let him fly the real mcCoy for a change.

That and I thought he needed a little something special this year as Bill has a tumor on his pituitary gland which is located right between the eyes and brain. We have known about the tumor since this spring when he hurt his neck and had an MRI which showed an enlarged pituitary gland. On the second MRI they measured it to see the size and the third MRI showed that it had grown a bit since late April. We are very lucky that the tumor was found prior to actual symptoms appearing (think Andre the giant symptoms), vision loss or raging hormones. Surgery is scheduled for August.

Anyhow, enough of the drama and on w/ the pictures.

Prior to boarding the plane.

Contact...

Checking instruments.



Video of the plane taking off....

Getting off the plane...

Goofing off.

Happy Bill.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, great birthday day!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)