Friday, October 09, 2009

KY Wool Festival!!

And here it is! A few pictures of LunabudKnits at the Kentucky Wool Festival near Kincade Lake State Park in Falmouth, KY. A good time was had by all.

There are of course a plethera of craft vendors, demonstrations, pony rides and the carnival food area. Trust me that I had my fair share and then some of the sugary delight that is the funnel cake! A little bit of this and that to make even the fussiest faire goers happy. But what makes this little Kentucky event special is the WOOL TENT!

In the wool tent, knitters and spinners alike have plenty of options to choose from. I was drooling over the hand dyed rovings and yarns. We had batts galore as well as weavers who were busy at their looms. Spinners could be seen here, there and everywhere! There was a very nice selection of supplies for all fiber crafts, from felting to spinning, to knitting to weaving. It was a glorious week end for all! And here are a few pictures to prove it!



Yes, my booth can use a little help. But it will be looking a bit better at the Southern Indiana Fiber Arts Festival Oct 16th & 17th.



One of my Ravelry buddies and I.



My little display tower of power!

We do have a blog up all about the Wool Tent and you can view it here: Wool Tent.

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)