Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Perfect Pie Shawl


I was working a home and garden trade show when I started this shawl. I had brought the book ' Weekend Knitting' by Melanie Falick with me to keep me occupied, and decided on a whim to go to the kentucky crafted show that was next door. Bought a few skeins of Kid Mohair Blend from Koenig Farm Spinnery and got started right away. The pattern is actually a pattern from Veronik Avery. I opted to use the knit lace edging as opposed to the crochet edging and I really like how it turned out:)





Close up of Shawl Detail

whole shawl

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

It is beautiful! You have done well with the choices for this shawl and it has paid off! What a slice of pie!

LunabudKnits said...

My only wish with this shawl is that I had used my hand spun and another color. But that's why I have my needles, yarn and the book still...lol

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)