Thursday, March 01, 2007

Felted Needle Case!





I am so darn proud of my new little needle case! I made this with alot of left over scrappy yarn. Double stranded and seamless knit, this little bag is long enough to hold what ever long needles I need to take along. And MAN OH MAN is it ever long, Long,LONG! I plan to get a double snap hook so that I can clip in onto my purse or bag and just not worry about it:)






And this is a picture of the Zipper! I have never added a zipper to anything before, so this was just fun. A bit time consuming, but definitely fun. The zipper I used was a touch long for the opening, but I think I did a good job tying it off and trimming it back with out loosing any of the zipper action:)





Here I have stitched on a polymer fish button! I thought it was so cute! And since I was shooting for a beach kind of feel, he fit right in! I got a great idea from another knitter Heidi, which is embroidering on the felted bag. Now, I have to tell you, I have never embroidered! I got on the web and found a site, which I unfortuantely forgot to bookmark , showing embroidery stitches. Last night while going to my first knitting group I tried my first embroidery stitches! I think I did OK, how about you?




OH, now on to the knitting/spinning group....



I had heard that there was a knitting group in town from a yarn shop in a neighboring town and they met at a local Mexican Restraunt on Wen. (Can you follow that? I think I can:) Anyhow, I could never find them try as I might. A few weeks ago, I was watching my Mom's shop for her when a good friend Lynn came in to see my dog Ms. Piper. No one comes in to see me...lol She told me that she was with the group! I really should have known that, because Lynn has sheep! Duh!



Last night was my first night there. All the girls were so friendly and fun and helpful! Gosh! I wish I had found them a long, long time ago! I am hoping that I hear from Kim about going to a spinning group on Friday(tomorrow). I had so much fun! We met at 6pm at Panera and we did not leave until almost 10pm! I think Bill thinks I went out partying..hahaha He had an incredulous look on his face when he said: You can really talk about knitting stuff for almost 4 hours? I think I will have to bring him with me next time...hehehehe*wicked evil grin*

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)