Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pensacola 2011

This year, LunabudKnits, will be driving straight from SAFF to Pensacola for two reasons. The first will be to vend at the Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival(GGAF) and the second, most important reason will be to take part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.

Last year during GGAF, I met a wonderful knitter who bought some of my yarns and made some fabulous things with them.  She is truly one of the sweetest ladies and I am blessed to have met her.  This summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through treatment.  When some of the Pensacola Knitters started posting about planning a team to do the Cancer Walk, well..... I knew I just had to be a part of it.

I would like to now ask you for a bit of help.  See, I made a goal of raising $250 for the American Cancer Society and I am quite a bit shy of that mark.  Would you please help me raise money for the American Cancer Society by making a donation here:  American Cancer Society

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Worthy cause-have a great time at the festival.

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)