Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hunter-Gatherer

I suppose that is what I have become now that the natural dye bug has set in.  Today I took the camera with me as I was visiting with the horse and totally neglected to take a single picture.  But, I did manage to come home with a bounty of lichens and fungi for dying.  


Walmart bag half full of lichens and spider stow away.

Mystery fungi.  Anyone know if it will give dye?  There are plenty more small ones growing where I found these.
  
Pretty sure this is a lichen of some sort.  Found it on the base of a rotting log.

And what is this?  Well, I'm working on a free pattern for a new lace yarn.  Let me tell you this is one yummy little number!  More details coming soon!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful colors.....taking a walk and collecting dye substances-perfect! The knitting is beautiful-nice work!

Andrea @ThatlldoFarm said...

Besides making art batts, my latest addiction is natural dyeing. Just did some wool with goldenrod and also with red cabbage. Goldenrod = pretty; Red cabbage = ugly! I've lovin' the lichen

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)