Sunday, July 03, 2011

Tour de Fleece Start


Started the Tour de Fleece this year with a bang literally!  Bill frowns on bringing a spinning wheel to the lake when we go so this year, I opted for a couple of spindles.

After giving the boat a quick clean and hitting the dock kitchen for a greasy burger & fries, it was time to hit the water to drift in wait for the big 4th of July fire works show put on at our end of the lake.  This year it was between Kennedy & Sunset Marinas.  

This is the first year that my allergies have really gone hay wire.  I think that since I have quit smoking over a year ago my nose is really affected by all the things that never bothered it before.  I'm not complaining though as I very much so enjoy being able to breath after going for a short walk;)


Our boat.  Click to 'biggify'.  The arrow points straight at us.

Spindling before the big show.
The pre-show.
The big show about to start.

















After the show, get out of the way or prepared to be run over.  This is a wall of boats heading our way to go back down the lake to their perspective docks.



Singles


Dropped the fiber into the lake.  No way am I going in after it.
You too can be protected from the big storm...lol  Amazing what you see on the way to the lake!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

LOL-you should have gone for a swim to save that fiber! Beautiful pics-glad you had a great time!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)