Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Dad....

Folks, Normally, I do not post about my political affiliations. I have never been one to crave the lime light and am normally just happy going with the flow. Today though, I am making a stand....

I'm sure like the rest of the Nation, you are tired of seeing waste and having your taxes raised again and again to pay for frivolous spending and borrowing. You hear day in and day out about organizations like 'GOOOH' (Get Out Of Our House), the Tea Bag Party, 'Restore America of Kentucky', Militias of this, that, here, there and everywhere..... the list goes on and on. While on some points I do agree with the groups, I ABSOLUTELY do not agree with their message that 'every Politician who has be elected for more than one or two terms is bad'. Because quite frankly not all incumbents are bad. In fact, some are quite good!

I am here to tell you about one such Politician who by the way has never voted to raise taxes. A man known through out his community for generosity, kindness, honesty and integrity. A Politician who takes the time to call back every one of his constituents and actually listens to what they have to say. Who literally has his phone number and home address listed in the phone book. He has attended countless meetings for community organizations, read books to children at school, community parades, given speeches at churches, schools, clubs, festivals, fairs, graduations, funerals, weddings, and so many other ways of giving his time and person that many people would have fallen under the pressure. Quite frankly, he has given his entire being to serving the wants and needs of his community.

This man is my father, Kentucky State Senator Tom Buford for District 22 which encompasses Boyle, Garrard, Southern Fayette and Jessamine Counties. He is a Republican who votes for what he knows is good for his community and who has faithfully represented his community for 20 years. He has never ignored the wants and needs of his community. I had often wished when I was younger for my Dad to be around more, but I have always know that by him serving our community that he would always stand up for the people. And I have always had great comfort in knowing that. By God, I don't know a better man any where.

I have to say, I am so very proud of both my Dad and Mom. See, my parents are both self made people. From nothing, they have both worked hard to separately create successful businesses, my Dad a Building Contractor and my Mom a shop owner. I aspire to some day being half the person they each are in their own rights.

I would like to ask you to take the time to help spread the word about my Dad, Kentucky State Senator Tom Buford. The link to his website is: http://www.senatortombuford.com and you can follow the campaign trail through the primary in May at our facebook fan page here: Tom Buford for State Senate

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

A good politician is a rare jewel. Thank you father for me.

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)