Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Littlest Rescue


Pulled this little fellow from the pool skimmer at Bill's parents house today. Isn't he adorable! I've always had a little 'thing' for salamanders and newts ever since I was a little girl.

Our new resident is the Small Mouth Salamander, Ambystoma texanum, and we are very happy to now have him living under our deck and hopefully eating nuisance bugs such as mosquitos! In the field behind our house Spot the Salamander has a creek to play in as well as many more bugs to keep him full and happy. Sure hope he is happy here:)

See Spot Smile!
See Spot Run!
Spot is a happy Salamander!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

HMMMM...I didn't think about collecting critters in the pool! This guy is a beauty!

LunabudKnits said...

LOL.... We had pools at several houses we lived in when I was growing up. Mice, toads, frogs, snakes, salamanders, birds, moles, you name it and it ended up in skimmer. We must have been crazy kids, cause we would flip the door, reach in and just pull what ever critter happened to be trapped. The lucky few were alive, but most were dead;(

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)