Monday, August 17, 2009

It's a Bee Thing

Angry Bees

More like a bee removal things;) I know Bill is happy, but I'm a little sad to see our intruders go. They were definitely not aggressive and were kind enough to let me mow around them. The good thing is they will be returning in a few weeks! I am definitely stoked about that. Hopefully next year at this time we will have our own honey! We have even come up with a label for our jars 'Strat'o'Bees' kind of a play on 'Billabong' surfer wear.



Bee Men Suiting up


Pulling up the siding. Note: The bee guys did an excellent job removing the siding:)


Sawing away the base to get into the floor joist.


Open Sesame


In almost 2 weeks time, this is what our busy little bees have been up to.


Removal of the comb.


The comb being put in frames


Removal of bees using a special shop vac that does not hurt he bees. It does make them very angry though.


All finished


My honey making friends ready to go on vacation until they get use to their new home and we get all cracks filled.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Fascinating-I have never seen such a retrieval so thank you! Are you going to keep the bees? I don't rememeber what you decided.

Lisa said...

Did you end up keeping the bees?

LunabudKnits said...

Don't I wish! I don't think they were able to capture the queen. Really want to have a hive of my own some day!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)