Monday, August 17, 2009

Faux Monster Socks


A simple pair of toe up socks all of my own:) I started out with a figure eight cast on and knit toe up to the hour glass heel. I am now in the final stretch to the finish line.


I don’t know about you, but I really like the look of monster socks. The idea of weaving in all those loose ends….. Not so much! So I thought on it and thought on it. Finally I hit on a little idea, fun little dye technique so that I can knit the monster socks and not have to weave in all the ends.


I’m a big fan of knitting toe up because it allows me to try on the socks as I am working on them. I know when to knit my heel and how well they will fit. I’m a big time frogger, so it comes in handy to not have to rip out an entire project just to get it right.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Just perfect! I prefer toe-ups , too! Love the way you dyed the yarn for this pair.

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)