Monday, May 21, 2007
Ok, I'm not going to tag anyone. I figure if you think it is a fun thing to do, you can decide to do it for yourself:)
1. I'm getting a touch of the pre-wedding jitters...lol The big day is less than a week away (May 26th) and there is so much left to do.
2. I love the smell of fresh lavender and have a lavender bush I have been growing for several years now just so I can run my hands through it's luscious smelling leaves.
3. I love my home state of Kentucky! In my opinion, there is no place on earth quite like it, from the Appalachian mountains of Eastern Kentucky, to the green rolling horse pastures of Central Kentucky, to the Lakes of Southern and Western Kentucky. To me Kentucky has it all.
4. I don't like big crowds. I prefer nice small gatherings of people and family where folks can spend time with each other and not get lost in the crowd.
5. I am an animal lover. I have been known to bring in stray animals and find them homes. The current 'stray' we have is a baby Blue Jay that I took away from a dog who was tossing him around. He is rather healthy and a very vocally demanding eater. Amazingly, he does not seem to have any injuries which astonishes me, because the dog was litterally picking him up and flipping him in the air repeatedly. Another week or so and he will be learning to catch bugs, fly and leaving us to make a home of his own. In the past I have taken in an orphaned falcon, bunnies, mice, kitties, puppies, horses, etc. The orphan Falcon which was an American Kestrel has a very interesting story. He had been snatched from his nest by one of our barn owls at the farm I was working on. Lucky for his little fluffy butt, it stormed that night and the owl dropped him by the barn door. I heard his calls in the morning as I was feeding the horses. After waiting a while to see if the parents were feeding him or not we brought him in. He was wet, cold and had several gouges in his wing. After, taking him to and talking with a wild life rehabber it was decided that I would keep up with his care. The gouges had some nasty things crawling around inside that I was able to remove with tweezers and a little bit of betadine. I fed him his required food at proper times and we watched and waited to see if I did a good enough job with his little wing that he could fly. I did and after spending time showing him how to fly/hunt, he is currently back in the wild where he belongs:) With that, I want to stress the point that it is illegal to keep wildlife with out a permit. If you find a baby animal and do not see the parents around, wait and watch for at least four or more hours to see if the parents are still feeding the baby, because more than likely they are. If in doubt contact your local fish and wildlife department.
6. I will not eat store bought eggs. Ever since I had farm fresh eggs years ago, I will not settle for anything less!
7. I rarely go anywhere with out the following items: Camera, Knitting and Lip-Gloss.
Other Fun Facts..................
I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.
I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)
'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)