Thursday, May 17, 2007

Knitty Night Shower


OH MY! OH MY! The girls at wen. Knitty Night had a little shower for me last night. And they simply out did their-selves! They decided to have a shower for me last night and it was just so much fun! We met at Los Tres in Nicholasville around 6-ish and after eating, the shower started. They got me a gorgeous basket handmade in Ghana and Soy Silk spinning fiber from Stones Throw Artisans in Georgetown KY. I had been eyeing both of these the last time I was there! Pat made me some lovely blue dishcloths. One has a pretty crisscross pattern on it and the other looks like really neat bamboo. Kristy brought in fluffy soft Corriedale & Border Leicester roving. Pat (S) included the absolutely most fabulous spinning fiber I have ever touched in my life! At 20% baby alpaca, 60% alpaca, 20% silk & 20 % merino, I swear this is softer than silk and full of life! I don't know who brought in the Cherry Tree sock yarn, but the colors are absolutely perfect and it is so soft and lofty. Kristy & Kim are taking me to one of Linda H's dye classes this summer which I am really looking forward to! And to top it all off, the gals all pitched in and bought the one thing on my Target registry that I thought no one would get! The NSI International Innovations Knitting Machine! It reminds me of the old sock knitting machines, which is what I plan to try and do with it:) I also promised to bring it in and pass it around for everyone to try out! Anna brought some Yummy cupcakes and Pat out did herself with the most delicious banana pudding I have ever had! I haven't had banana pudding since I was a wee little thing and I always avoided it because I thought I did not like it. I took one bit of Pat's pudding and I just couldn't stop until I had a second serving of it! Honestly, I wish I had just eaten the banana pudding for dinner instead of the taco salad! I definitely have to get the recipe for that one.

All these gals are just so fabulous and I truly am blessed to have met them and become friends with them! Everyone is just so pleasant and wonderful and different! I simply can not stop singing about how fantastic each and every one of them is! I LOVE you guys!!!! And thank you. Thank You. THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)