Saturday, August 06, 2011

A pepper a day

A pepper a day keeps us pretty darn happy.  This year we have one plant each of the following peppers:  Anaheim, Banana, Bell, Cubanelle, and Habanero.  Almost every evening, you can find us filling an aluminum covered baking sheet with tortilla chips, sliced peppers and various cheeses.  Sometimes we feel a little sweet and use the Cubanelle.  Sometimes, we are in the mood for a little something hot and use the Anaheim.

Note to readers.  Our Anaheims are not red hot yet, so we spend a dollar at the roadside stand to buy 3 or 4 that last us through the week.  The Habanero's are not ripe yet either but we are eagerly waiting to see a spot of red!  We can barely wait until our hotties are red-hot-n-ready;)

Anaheim Pepper

Banana Peppers

Bell Peppers

Cubanelle Peppers

Habenero Pepper

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

I don't enjoy hot peppers but I do like bell and banana peppers-in fact, tonights snack: slice the banana pepper in half and fill each side with mozerella cheese, cream cheese, garlic and bake for a few mins to melt and brown---delicious!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)