Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mid-Ohio Fiber Fair


The week end of August 20-21 found the LunabudKnits booth at the Mid-Ohio Fiber Fair in Newark Ohio.  The setting was absolutely wonderful.  All of the vendors were indoors in the Reese Center on OSU's/Central Ohio Tech Campus; completely air conditioned and out of the rain!

It just wouldn't be right if our fun little handpainted Louet S17 wasn't there to say hello to everyone:)  Of course it is cushioned with a few of the art batts!

For a first year festival, there were a ton of great vendors there as well as a very good little crowd.  I had a ton of fun getting to know the customers, other vendors and playing with the Strauch Mad Batt'r as a demonstration.

It was pure joy to meet the gals from the Ohio Natural Fiber Network.  I especially had fun with the girls from That'll do Farm picking out colors, fibers and things that glitter for their first go round of art batts!  What fun!!
The tidy side of my booth.

The messy side of the booth.  One would think by now, I would have learned to hide my hot pink bins BEFORE taking the picture!



Spun and knit sample of the Baby Camel and Merino blend.

Handspun yarns.

A few of the new hand dyed colorways from left to right:  Acerbitas(dark reds), Orsus (blues and purples), Chronos(browns/grey), Thanatos(purple/black), Euryale(gold, blues, browns, touches of green, etc)

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Looks like a great time at the fiber show-hope you sold enough to make it worth your while! The camel sample looks so soft!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)