Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hot Nachos

Finally the garden has given us some hot peppers!  And drum roll please for the hottest of them all.......

The Anaheim!  Of all the things, you would think the little Jalapeno's that have finally turned a fire engine red would be the show stoppers, but NOooo!  It is the long just turning red Anaheim's.  We are very thankful to have picked them right before they turned a hotter shade of red.  These babies would be too hot to handle otherwise.

Here is how we fix our nachos. Or rather, this is how Bill showed me to fix Nachos!...lol
From front to back.  jalapeno on the first row, banana on the second and the fire alarm  anaheim on the last two rows.


Lay nacho chips on a foiled cookie sheet.  Top each nacho with a slice of pepper and finish that off with either sliced cheddar cheese or a mexican cheese mix.  Pop in the oven at 350 degrees f.  Remove when these cheese is melted.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Ummm, delicious!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)