Monday, May 02, 2011

Indiana Fiber & Music Festival

Well, I am just back from the Indiana Festival and let me tell you the Festival ROCKED!  It was the perfect blend of good tunes, grand fibers and great people!

Last week I was sick with what ever bug has been going around and that lead to a sinus infection which is still on going....  Yuck!  I gambled that I would be better by Festival time and as luck would have it I was just fine enough to make a showing.

It was by a wing and a prayer that I made it to the festival at all!  That and my fast reflexes while driving.  See the story goes like this....

I'm driving along the Interstate to the festival and am not even 45 minutes away from the house when my truck hits a huge bump in the road.  If you have driven on KY roadways you already know our roads leave quite a bit to be desired for.  Prior to the huge bump, the bolt securing the latch on the trailer must have vibrated out.  When I hit this big bump the trailer unhitched itself from the bumper.  You could hear a grinding where the trailer jack was dragging along the ground.  My heart was skipping beats right and left.  My Guardian Angel was looking out for me at the exact moment I hit brakes which cause the trailer jack to wedge under my bumper.  I was able to drive the trailer to the shoulder with out harming others or myself.

As soon as I put her (truck) in park, well, that's when the tears started to flow.  After a  few phone calls to Bill, Dad, Insurance & Tow Truck,  help arrived in the form of an off duty fireman and two wreckers.  We jacked the bumper of the trailer up and were able to jerk the trailer out from underneath.  This is where we discovered.... THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE!! Can you imagine that!?!  I still can't!

I did take a picture with my phone, but unfortunately under duress, I completely forgot to push 'save'.

And now how about some pictures of the show!

LunabudKnits

wall of fiber

other 1/2 of booth



































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm glad you're ok, and that the mishap with your trailer didn't hurt you or anyone else. That must have been terrifying!

Delighted Hands said...

Very exciting beginning-so glad all was well! I cry when it is over, too! The show looks like it was very exciting! How wonderful to go and see all the fibery things and especially the animals!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)