Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who Let the Yarn Out!?!

I did!  I did!  Well at least I soon will be!  This is the new building that will be housing LunabudKnits!   And we wont have just yarn!

lol...  I have to take a break here and apologize for all of the exclamation points, but it really is hard to contain my excitement!

After 7 months of back and forth with the 'Mother may I get a permit for the building', my heart is bursting with joy that #1 we finally received the permit and #2 I am taking it to the next level with an 'in real life' shop of my own.

I have to admit, it will be pure bliss to actually have some place to go that does not involve stashing yarn and fiber in drawers, cupboards, bins, giant zip locks, hanging from the chandelier, covering the dining table, taking up the countertop in the kitchen......  At times the house feels like the furry fairy Godmother came for a visit and left fiber in her wake!

Instead, I will have a lovely little shop with fiber, wheels and yarn.  At this little shop, there will also be spinning lessons, felting lessons, knitting lessons, & dying lessons.  The pure bliss of the new shop will be that none and I repeat... NONE of the fluff will be in my home any more!

I am in a happy little state of shock that I will soon have not just a cute little shop, but also a completely separate home to go home to at the end of the day.   AH, can life get any more grand, I think not!

7 comments:

Bethany Hill said...

Congratulations! That is such an exciting step... and a dream for so many of us fiber lovers. Can't wait to see photos of the shop!

LunabudKnits said...

Thank you! It's exciting and scary all at the same time. Definitely planning to post more pictures as things start happening;)

~Tonia~ said...

Yay!! It's about time that they approved it. Can't wait to see the finished store!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! The next time I'm up in your neck of the woods I'll definitely have to pop by for a visit, and maybe a spinning lesson on how to spin woolen. :) Congratulations again, and I wish you much success!

Delighted Hands said...

Exclamation points indeed-congratulations! I am very happy for you-look forward to seeing the shop grow-

Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needle Works said...

Yay! Congratulations! i know you have waited a long time to get this going. I know it will be fabulous! And yes, it's nice to have a home separate from the shop.

When is opening day?

Luna

LunabudKnits said...

Hmmm... when is opening day!?! I am going to just say.... I don't know. It took over 7 months to just get the permit approved, so I don't want to jinx it...lol

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)