Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Finished Projects....Plus an Idea!

Here are a few of my finished projects that I have been working on in my spare time:




A navaho plied 100 % alpaca fingering weight yarn.







Soy silk still being spun. I have one single already spun, but have not decided whether to navaho ply it or ply them together.








This is a better pic of the spun recycled sari silk that Kat sent me. And I have come up with a plan of what to do with it! I am going to let you the reader decided. Send me your thoughts and the idea I like the most will get a prize in the form of handspun yarn and hand crafted stitch markers. There is about 150 meters (160yards) and about 6 wpi making this a bulky yarn. Submitted ideas must be free patterns and not use over 160 yards:) Any takers? Either leave a comment or send me an email to Lunabud74 at peoplepc dot com.

1 comment:

Kat said...

there is one on knitty called unbiased, but you may need a little more than 160 yds, also try mango moon website

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)