Sunday, July 08, 2012

Four busy weeks

Indeed it was! 4 fiber festivals, 4 weeks, and 3 states. Think it might be a more interesting thing if I could have said 4 weeks...hahaha
Let's work our way backward.

Yes, technically not a booth or festival shot, but it is a fine pic taken of the surviving members of the great wall collapse of 2012 at Hoosier Hills. Left to right, Johanna of the beautiful pink hair and myself. Taking the picture is Ms Carrie who helped immensely with the clean up of our wall disaster. As luck would have it this happened during breakdown after the festival. The wall was bumped a bit from behind which cased it to tumble and dump all the pretties in the middle of the booth;). It made for a funny kind of packing well deserving of milkshakes at Steak and Shake afterward...lol

The Middle Tennessee Fiber Festival was a pure delight! From the awesome vendors to meeting some spectacular customers like the Knit Girllz. Wish there had been more time to hang out a little in Nashville and check in on old friends around the area, but that can definitely be planned on for next year;)

And before I forget to mention it, We picked up the sweetest little hitch-hiker at a truck stop along I-65. Nick-named, Little Dog, it was apparent she did not belong there with ticks the size of thumb nails hanging from her ears and a panicky look in her sad little eyes that pleaded with every person who walked by her to take her home. With a bath, vet check and spay, she quickly found her forever home with one of the customers from A Tangled Yarn and loves her new name, Knitty Purl!

It wouldn't be a proper spring festival tour without a full weekend at the Kentucky Sheep & Fiber Festival. This year was a bit of a rocky start when my wallet was stollen during set up, but as things started to get under way and the flood of folks thronged to the show, I found that such a little thing really did not matter when it came right down to it. Had an absolute blast teaching my classes, talking with my customers and hanging with my fiber friends who really understand my obsession a bit more than most!

Last but definitely not least, especially since it was the first Festival of the season, Indiana Fiber & Music. I have to say, they put on a lovely little festival full of not just awesome fiber folk but spectacular musicians to boot!
All in all the spring festival circuit was a smashing success! I love all the new friends I made such as Johanna of the lovely pink hair, Carrie who never once complained about picking stuff up from the concrete due to a fallen wall, and

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)