Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Long Walk

A friend of my Dad's has the good fortune to live on a 300+ acre farm with a multitude of paths and old grown over roads. As time allows, which has not been very often as of late, I like to take a carefree walk along the dirt, gravel and black topped paths.


Roads Leading to far away barns

This lady bug should tread lightly!

Because danger lurks below

Ant Swarms

Old dilapidate buildings.

View of the main compound.

It's a game of cat and bird.

Or raccoon and bird.

Winter Wheat before harvesting.

Yarrow a local wild flower.

Barns with silos.

The city creeps closer day by day.

But it does not seem to effect the sparrow population.

Wild Black Berries.

Field.

Queen Anne's Lace.

Dirt Road.

Flower from the tree above.

Old machinery under the evening sky.

Geese flying off in the sun set.

And as the moon shows it's face you know the day is done.


3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Loved the walk in the countryside, thanks!

Asti said...

I loved looking at these photos. Even though Im in the UK some of the sights are so familiar. I walk down a lane like that every day with my dogs :) Beautiful scenery and lovely shots.

LunabudKnits said...

Thank you! Wish I could take my dog with me, but Miss Piper is old and jumping in and out of the truck gets harder and harder every day for her joints. That and helping lift her 150 lb rump into the back seat has started to hurt my back a little...lol

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)