Thursday, January 07, 2010

WOW....

Can't believe I missed my blog Holiday Wishes! I wish you all good health and a great year!

Now on to the news.........

Several new little developments......... Trust me, there's a whole bunch more. This is just a little tidbit to tempt your taste buds:)

NUMBER ONE

I finally unpacked the Louet S17 kit wheel, proceeded to give the base and uprights a fine base coat of antique gold which doesn't show up very well on my puter, the bobbins were painted in metallic multi-colors and the wheel itself.....? Well, I just couldn't be happier with how it turned out! See, the side showing I painted with an adorable little sheepy that is based on the original pastel by artist Marianna McDonald.

It originally was a green base with the multi colored polka-dots I do so well.....lol I just didn't like how the dots looked after I was done with them and brain stormed for inspiration when I spied my little card that someone had give me with a picture of the original pastel. I simply could not resist how cute the little guy looked, so plowed ahead and painted my little furry friend.

This little guy is just too darn cute! He always seems so very happy for me to 'Sit and Spin'!

The back side is pink with gold polka-dots. Was a very hard decision which side I wanted facing me:)

Why just the other night, I was needing a break from regular spinning and well I did have an 8 ounce bag of Finn combed top, which I didn't particularly care for and don't want to pawn off on anyone else due to it's coarseness. I started to spin it bulky using a long draw and before I knew what had hit, I had the FULL 8 ounces spun and on the bobbin. The last ounce went on a little tight and awkward, but I managed to cram it right on there.



My eyes grew a little, well, OK, a lot big. Now, my little pea-brain is all a buzz with ideas of what I can do next with this fun little wheel! This particular wheel is not for sale, but Louet has plenty more in stock. Just give me a shout if you would like me to order one of these fun and INEXPENSIVE kits for you. Or, you can find them in the shop:) Lunabudknits


NUMBER TWO......

Right before the Holidays Nicholasville Knit Night had it's annual Christmas Party at Bella Notte in Lexington, KY and I scored big time. We do a little 'Dirty Santa' gift exchange where you can open a new present or you can steal one that was already open. I couldn't believe my luck when I drew the very LAST number, steal, or gift. The wrapping and tissue papers were flying. Gifts were stolen here there and every where.

Finally, my turn came and I had my eye on 3 gifts. I did a quick mental eni-meeni-mihni-moe to eliminate one gift and flipped a coin between the Ottlite and a hand turned bowl by the husband of one of the knitters. I figured there was not a more diplomatic way to steal a gift than to flip a coin. The tension was building up and heads won me the beautiful hand made bowl turned from a Black Walnut tree collected at the Kentucky River Palisades. I absolutely adore it!



NUMBER THREE......

Ace is back to sleeping in his wild and wacky nap positions:)

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I love how spinning just sucks you into the zone......

The wooden bowl is absolutely perfect. I want to learn how to make them-I think you made a great choice!

LunabudKnits said...

No kidding!

I've been itching to try my hand at the lathe too. Just seems like it would be so relaxing making the wood become something else:)

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)