Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Yard


We have spent the past few days doing quite a bit of yard work. I don't have pictures up of all the work we have done and of course we are no where near finished. But we have a good start going on around the house.

Over the next few weeks, we are planning the following: Till up a garden on the right side of the house for our heirloom tomatos we started back in January. These include but are not limited to: Persimmon, Mr. Stripey, Hawaiian Pineapple, Goliath, Mortgage Lifter, etc. Finish digging out the remainder of the old landscaping and replace with some nice uniform shrubs and trees. Last but not least..... We are wanting to put a larger deck on the back of the house with a smaller patio below for the walk out door of the basement.

You think we might be trying to be a tad over ambitious? LOL



The face pots.


I will not take down my favorite Halloween pumpkin. He's just so cute in a tormented kind of way:)


View of the front porch. The bushes under the three windows will be dug out hopefully this week end to make way for and ever green shrub that will retain some green through the winter. The little red maple use to be on the left corner of the house near where the new tree below is.


New Japanese Maple. Darn if I don't just adore the foliage on these trees!


Mixed pots are so pretty. I think I have had these pots for about 10 years now. Well these and countless others that are in the garage and back yard....lol

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the changes (and plans) you have made! This is one of the reasons why we enjoy FL-I get to putter and plan all year! Love your face pots!

Shannon said...

Where do you find those face pots? They are the greatest!!!

LunabudKnits said...

You know, I really wish we lived in sunny florida:) Would be lovely to garden all year long!

The face pots came from my Mom's shop, Tickled Pink, here in Nicholasville, KY. They were the last two she had and I was in need of a few more pots, so I brought them home thinking I would never use them. After popping a few little plants in them, I found that I love them. Especially when the plants grow and look like wild furry hair...lol

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)