Thursday, December 04, 2008

Left overs (Wanted and Un-wanted;)

It always happens, whether you want it to or not, whether you are careful or not..... The dye package in your steamer somehow manages to bleed dye which congeals and heats in the bottom of your pot. All the colors converging into a muddy melting pot of a sort.

There is just something in me that cringes with the idea of throwing that luscious mix of muddy colors away. It comes from my little Granny who lived in England during WWII, I just can't bear the thought of pouring it down the sink! Sure, I don't know what color it will turn into, but it can be tweeked just smidge by adding other colors to give a deeper shade of say a green or blue or purple or red or you get where this is going.

Lets say it's late at night and you just don't have time to do anything with it. Well, you know those left over jars from p-nut butter, jelly and other consumables you have cleaned out and crammed under you sink thinking....well, I'll use it for something some day............. Ladies and Gents today is the day to dust off your neglected empty jar taking up space and fill it with left over dye to be used another day.....lol


If you are a dyer, you know what this is. If you aren't, I was a tad careless and got some of my dye on the kitchen counter top. Here is a quick tip on how to clean off the dye that you think has stained your laminate counter top till the end of time.......

1. Locate dye spots


2. Get some of the cheap'o'la brand of bathroom foaming cleaner. Spray on and scrub w/ a scrubbie.




3. Admire your nice, once again clean counter top.

Guess I have to add a disclaimer here. This method is not recommended for marble countertops only laminate. This method works well for me, I am not saying you should go out and scrub your counter tops down w/ foaming cleaners to get rid of stains. Nor am I guaranteeing it will work for you. I will not be held responsible for any damages you cause by using this method. I'm just saying I like it and it works for me.......

Damn shame we live in a society where one feels the need of adding a disclaimer.
Don't you think?

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)