1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
- Prefer Ground
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
- Rich and bold here. And I don't think there should be a thing such as unleaded coffee...lol
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
- Well, I like to treat myself the Hawaiian Kona blends, but for every day we use chock full o nuts in the French Press
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
- I am not a big fan of flavored coffees. Occassionaly, I will have a cap. with chocolate thought:)
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup?
- Large and lovely
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
- My favorite thing on the week ends is to fix my coffee first thing in the morning and then sit on the porch listening to the morning birdies chirp away. Every once in a while I get a glimpse or two of 'red-headed woodpeckers':)
- My favorite add ins for my coffee are real cream and brown sugar.
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company?
- Panera's Bear Claw
1. Do you knit or crochet?
- Both, but more knit than crochet
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with?
- Camel, alpaca, wool and silk. Unless it has sparklies in it, I avoid anything synthetic.
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
- socks, shawl, felted bag
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
- I like pretty much any color, with the exception of NEON. I hate anything neon
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
- I like them all
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?
- I do not need stitch markers. I have enough to last several life times!
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?
- Anything in a pretty color that is soft on my face.
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
- Spring is pretty much here:)
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one?
- Tough one. I love anything unusual that is a perrenial
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
- The colors
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
- Giving Miss Piper the Newfoundland a bath then a truck ride:)
- I spin yarn on one of my wheels or spindles.
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
- Spindles, movies, rocks, original art work
2. Are you allergic to anything?
3. Do you have pets?
- Dog, Cat, Horse, Fish
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
- Stitch Marker - International Tote Exchange - Knitters Treat
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
- Punkin's Patch - http://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/ - Local friend
- Maia Spins -http://maiaspins.typepad.com/maiaspins/ - She is a spinner like me:)
- Purly Whites - http://purlywhites.typepad.com/ - She seems like a fun person.