So to not beat around the bush, why not shoot for thoughts of Farmer's Markets & long walks on sandy beaches with the sun shining on your back. And that is why I chose the Ilene bag for my first Hempathy knitting project.
While the pattern is fairly straight forward, I did a wee bit of tweaking. When knitting the base rectangle, I added several rows so that the edge would be tidier when picking up the side stitches. What I will do next time is knit a few more rounds after picking up the stitches in blue as I think it might look a little better. Not saying it isn't cute as it is, I just like to tweak things a little here and there:)
The color was then switched to the two pretty little green chartreuse balls of Hempathy. As I had never knit an expanding market bag before, I opted to knit a couple of extra rounds in the mesh pattern. Once happy with the length, the color was changed back to the original blue and a quick switch of the needles for a 1x1 rib which was knit to my desired length after which I followed the pattern to a tee;)
From the photos, it should be quite visible that extra rounds were not necessary, but I opted to err on the side of caution. To give you a good idea of what I can cram in this bag.... Stuffed with in are: 2 lbs of wool roving, 6 skeins of Noro Kureyon, 1 skein of Noro Silk Garden, 2 huge skeins of handspun yarn (1 pounds worth) and a couple of felted flowers. Yes, this bag is that huge!! And the kicker.... I could have crammed in so much more!!!