Friday, January 11, 2013

GGAF

Have no idea how I totally forgot to post about GGAF last year!  For those who don't know, GGAF is the Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival and it is absolutely AWESOMENESS!  2012 was no exception!  Met new fiber/yarn people, sold some yarns I miss, and managed to pack and load before the rain hit.  That in itself is a great hit in my book.

Have I every told you....  I love my yarns.  Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that my yarns are better than everyone else's yarn.  What I am saying is that a little bit of me goes into every yarn/fiber dyed and spun, so it is like saying goodbye to a little piece of myself every time I sell one.  That definitely is not a bad thing, especially when my fabulous customers show off the lovelies they made.  It makes my heart warm inside.


This is the long stretch on Johnson Beach and is also where we were married.


My booth behind the rainbow adorned 'Wool Girl'.


Finally had a chance to finish spinning some very lovely hand dyed teeswater locks!


Don't you just love this knit hat!  Traded with a friend, yarn for knitting me this lovely hat using my Glammy yarn.  I seriously think I got the better end of the deal.


Very appropriate colors set up in the booth as the festival was in Florida!


Loved the Teeswater spun locks so much that they had to be shown again:)


Met a few Floridian friend for Pho (pronounced foe).  LOVED the fish sauce too!!!


Another Florida friend gifted me eggs, delicious, home-raised EGGS!  The little yolks come from eggs called and I kid you not.... 'Farters', a very technical term for the very first egg a chicken ever lays...hehehe


Had to show off some spindle spun yarn at the Barnes & Noble Knit Night...  PS, it is every Monday night at the Barnes and Noble by the airport in Pensacola.  Fabulous group of knitters and I LOVE THEM DEARLY!!!



A sand dune shot, just because I could.

Did anyone ever tell you they grow cotton in Florida!?! Well they do and in Alabama too!  This field of cotton was near Floamaton.


And why is there a picture of a room here?  Well, as chance would have it, these were my lodgings for the return trip through Georgia.  It was a darling room and I was a terrible guest... I broke part of the coffee table... Sigh, when will I ever learn!


Taught classes in Georgia on Carding and Core Spinning underneath this gorgeous chandelier.  This is one of those lovely places that one wishes they never had to leave.  Oh, I was so depressed leaving Georgia to go home!


Wonder if this sweet little guy missed me.  Probably not for long...lol


Luckily the fall foliage in it's gloriously colorful autumn splendor will cheer even the glummest of outlooks.


Seriously, I drove through this on the interstate.  Gorgeous no?



2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Looks like you had a blast! :)

I love your shop and wish so much I lived closer to you because I have a feeling Fred and I could become the best of Buds if I did!

Love your yarn, too. :)

There's just something about Florida...I grew up there, and I never can seem to shake it from my soul either! Standing on the sandy shore looking out towards the horizon...it just kind of changes you, doesn't it. :)

Hugs and blessing to you and dear Fred, too.

Delighted Hands said...

What a wonderful weekend.....one day I might get adventurous enough to come and visit you there! You have some beautiful fiber projects going on, too!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)