Saturday, August 04, 2012

Batts in the Belfry

This past spring, I had a great time collaborating with Sheila Bosworth of Journey Wheel.  They had a new 'Special Spindle' made of Macassar Ebony and needed batts to go along with it.  We worked out a color and went from there.


Luckily, I did not have to think very hard!  A few weeks earlier, I had visions of a new line of smooth batts for spinners.  Not layered like my spin me batts, but smooth with streaks of glistening bamboo.  The one I had just finished spinning was a golden amber color, so with a little tweeking to the recipe, the Jewelz Batts were born!  Jewelz batts are a 50/50 blend of merino and bamboo with an extra healthy dash of angelina added for good measure.


What do you think?


Amethyst

Azurite

Garnet

This is a photo from Sheila of the spindles with one of the first batts produced.  Really, Really, REALLY wish I had gotten one of these.  They are absolutely gorgeous spindles!!




Yes, I think I am back.  

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow-what inspiring batts-great names and fiber blends-you have outdone yourself!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)