Monday, October 10, 2011

Kentucky Wool Festival 2011

The Kentucky Wool Festival was over yesterday and I have to say I am absolutely blushed. If you remember last year I stayed with the Yeltons and I was pleased as punch pie to have a return visit with them this year. Cheryl of Purdy Thangz and I were truly blessed to share in the Yelton's special brand of Kentucky Hospitality this year. Have to say I count myself lucky to have met and come to know Jim and Lana these past two years.

Side one of the booth full of wool.  This was the first show I got to play with the new wire panels and bins.  I think they still need a wee bit of tweeking, but they should be fun at future shows.

The other side full of yarns.  These were taken on the end of the second day.  By the third day, I was almost wiped clean. 

The boots on a section of fence posts were intriguing.

If only there were some way to find out the idea behind the boots on the fence.  


This little fellow, Jack, greeted me at Jim and Lana's by thoroughly looking through my bag for contraband.  He finally settled on an old receipt.  How stinking cute was that!?!  BTW, Jack is part of Jim and Lana's Flour Creek Dachshunds kennel.

Cheryl, aka Purdy Thangz, on our last morning with Jim and Lana.

An older version of the Louet S75 that is close to 20 years old and still a true work horse!  

Jim and Lana in front of their cabin.

The view from Jim and Lana's front porch.

Unfortunately, I missed getting snap shot of the other vendors.  You can take my word for it, there was fabulous fibery goodness everywhere in our tent!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Glad the show was a success on every level! Hooray for selling so much!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)