Monday, December 06, 2010

Been a While




It has definitely been a while.  Actually over a month that I have blogged!  Bet y'all thought I dropped off the face of the earth.  Well, in all honesty, I kind of did......

My last show of the season was in Pensacola Florida during the first week end in November.  I was a bit unsure of my last minute decision to add this show to my roster, but dang if my intuition didn't pay off!  I had an absolute blast and met so many new fiber folks at the Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival.

After the show, I decided to stay for a while and vacation a bit.  OK, two weeks...lol  I visited several of the local knit nights.  The first was 'Pensacola Purls' and at the Barnes & Noble near the airport on mondays.  The second was Tuesday night at 'Yarnside Gathering'.  I had an absolute BLAST at both nights and I can barely wait to visit all the friendly knitters in Pensacola again!  Lucky was I to be in Pensacola for Yarnside Gathering's skype session with Author of 'Friday Night Knitting Club' Kate Jacobs!

Dad was there with me and we took his boat out for a spin and managed to not call Sea-Tow for a change...hahahaha  Although, there was a moment in the beginning of our boating trip that was a little iffy, but Dad managed to pull us through just fine.

Enough of the chit chat....  Now how about some pictures:)

Johnson Beach before a storm.  This is also the beach we were married on.
Man-O-War washed up on the beach.  Strong pre storm winds brought these deadly beauties with in reach.
Just so you get an idea of what the oil has done to not so heavily hit areas...  The black blobs are tar balls that have picked up shells and animals as they hit the shores.  I saw an entire clam encased in a ball.
This was from my cell phone.  That is a sand crab next to a a tar ball compliments of BP.

Monday Pensacola Purls at Barnes & Noble.

Listening to Kate Jacobs at a Yarnside Gathering
Dad cleaning up the boat.
Heading out to the bay.
We boated past sail boats on our way out to the bay.

I can't believe how close these dolphin were!

Seagull on the bouy.

Blue Angel practicing before the Veterans Day show.
More Blue Angels practicing.

Where the boat lives.
Bag Pipes off Pensacola Pier.  He was warming up for a gig. 
See anything funny here?
View off my deck
Sunset.

Sunset

My trip booty.  Rosewood knitting needles, sea glass, coral and shells.
 

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

So close (well 4 1/2hrs acutally but still!) So glad you had a great time love the beach booty pic-just beautiful! I laugh when people say there can't be a reason to love fiber stuff in FL and at 32F this morn, we could use some of that wool!

LunabudKnits said...

I'll be back in Pensacola in Jan & Feb;) Beach booty & the Man o war are my favorite pics of the trip. I'm planning to go back next year and stay for a while then too. We all love P-Cola!

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)