Sunday, October 05, 2008

Kentucky Wool Festival

Yesterday, Diane, Kim, Pat & I helped with a sheep to scarf demonstration at the Kentucky Wool Festival. There were sheep, goats, cows and alpacas. As well as craft vendors of all types. There were sheep shearing demonstrations and probably a whole bunch of stuff that I missed out on. We had a ton of fun.

I entered a few skeins of yarn into the handspun competition. Happy to say I had a few ribbon winners:) And here they are! Drum roll please.................


2 comments:

KimberlyRies said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbons!

Kim
http://kimberlyries.blogspot.com

LunabudKnits said...

Thank you very much! I was so happy and lucky to have won anything at all because there were some absolutely beautiful yarns up there:)

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)