Thursday, April 19, 2007

Knit Night



Last night was Knit Night:) I missed last weeks meeting at Los Tres because I was working on one of the town houses. Ugh. Anyhow, this week we met at MagPies yarn shop in Lexington, KY. Dang, I just love that place. All natural fibers! I came home with a lovely blueish-green flax yarn by Louet, #4 double points and a fab basket with a peachy silk lining! Afterward, a smaller group of us walked over to Ramsey's Diner for a bite to eat and more chit chat. I am just so lucky to have found a wonderful group of Fiber Artists locally. They are all just absolutely fabulous!




I finished spinning my Happy Hippy Soy Silk rovings I bought at Stones Throw last month. Once I got home, I najaho plied one of the singles:) I really like how it turned out. The colors are bright and vibrant. I think this will have to be turned into silky 'Baby Janes' to be sold in Mom's shop, Tickled Pink.

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)