Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Beginning to look a lot like........

SPRING CLEANING!?!

Everywhere you go in this house of hair....lol

Twice a year I go psycho on the house to prevent any creepy crawlies from getting into my stash. All of my skeins are line up in a row and spend about an hour each in a steam bath regardless of whether they are protein (ie. wool, mohair, etc) or plant (ie. cotton, linen, etc) fibers. Any ball of yarn that enters this house is immediately put into a skein for just this occasion. As the skeins lay out waiting for their bath, other wild and crazy things are going on too....

You see, it started last night at around 9:30, continued until 3 am, and will probably continue until Sunday or Monday when I have my buddy with his steam cleaning team come to suck any vestige of dirt remaining in the carpets. Every single drawer, shelf and closet will be opened and emptied of it's contents, vacuumed, wiped down with Spic'n'Span, oiled if it is wood, and finally refilled with my precious junk that I decide to keep.

I'm up to my eye balls in precious junk, so I am being rather harsh on myself and have created a monster size 'Good Will' mound and have completely filled one garbage bin. I'm being a very good girl and sticking to my resolution that if I haven't used it, worn it or looked at it in the past year, well, it's probably time for that little treasure to move on to a new home.

Seriously, I have enough junk to fill several peoples homes, drawers and closets. And all that junk has been weighing on my mind, shoulders and not to mention my drawers, closets and shelves for quite some time. Pretty much the only type of precious junk that is safe in my house from this cleaning cycle are books. It's not really that the books have lucked out, but rather that I went through them like a mad woman this summer so that I could put more books on the shelves. Light bulbs and power tools are safe as well....lol The only way I could be parted from my power tools would be over my cold, dead body. Even then, I'm pretty tenacious about them!

I think what really prompted the massive cleaning was receiving a 40 lb box from a supplier full of yarns and roving and I had not a single inch of space to put them. Time to get back at it.....

Sorry no pictures of my manic cleaning:)

Oh..OK... Just one picture, but please excuse the MESS!

No comments:

Other Fun Facts..................

I taught myself to knit by watching a woman while on a flight from Scotland to the USA in 1996.

I taught myself how to spin yarn Feb 15th, 2007. I think I've done fairly well:)

'Lunabud' is a combination of two dogs' names I was loved by, Buddy and Luna:)